Thursday, April 7, 2011

Steampunk Photoshoot News and a Video

A few months ago, I contacted Victoriana Lady, Lisa Lewis, in response to a Facebook post about needing steampunk models for a book she's writing. Today, I found out that the photoshoot will be in August and/or September, at Steamtown (which is in Scranton, PA). I'm extremely nervous excited. I'm also a little relieved; I'll be able to snag a few new pieces before the shoot.



I'm not necessarily sure how modeling will affect me. It might not affect me at all (which is what I think will happen), or it might attract some attention to me. Said attention may not necessarily be the good sort. And it will be a little weird, even terrifying, to see myself printed in a book that other people will be looking at and purchasing. My worst fear is that someone will look at me and say, "How the heck did she get in here? She's ugly!"

I need to ignore those thoughts, though, and not let my physical insecurities keep me from doing what I want to do. I need to be positive! Or, at least, attempt it.

Also, I love this music video. Some people laugh or raise an eyebrow when I show it to them. I can kind of understand why; Anna-Varney isn't for everyone, but her music is beautiful, and that isn't something to laugh at.


1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I like your blog, and I saw your photos too. I think you are wery beautyful, and nobody will say that ugly

    ReplyDelete